Four months ago, I had a pain in my lower right molar [furthest back in my mouth] when chewing with that tooth. The dentist replaced the filling … but no change ... still painful. He added a crown … no change … pain continued. I have now had a root canal on that same tooth, twice. There is still pain when I chew on the tooth. It is not sensitive to temperatures. I was on antibiotics after the first root canal and am on another type of antibiotic this second go around. What’s going on? My dentist does not seem to know.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - February - 2012, at 20:19 PM

• After root canal treatment if pain is there even after re-root canal treatment and you are taking antibiotics also, then may be Root Canal treatment is not done properly like infection is still left or there is some procedural problem like perfo. so if your dentist is not able to find out cause then you can take a second opinion from an Endodontist who are expert in it. Pain after RCT should subside after max week or 10 days. for more info on problems after RCT you can read this article..... http://www.identalhub.com/article_complications-and-care-after-root-canal-therapy-106.aspx

Free Dental Consultation