I had my right bottom wisdom tooth extracted due to an abscess on June 18th. They had to remove cheek muscles and tissue due to pus eating at it. Also they put in a tube down thru my neck to aid in the drainage of the pus. I still have trouble opening my mouth wider then an index finger but am doing my mouth exercises regularly. However now after the initial pus drained I'm beginning to get that taste in my mouth again particularly after the exercises. Could this mean it has gotten infected again or is it still old pus squeezing out nearly two months later.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - July - 2013, at 19:59 PM

• If you have metallic again in your mouth then it can be the pus. May be your wound is infected again as it takes around 3 months for such wounds to heal completely. You have to really keep good oral hygiene as chances of secondary infection are there. Do warm saline rinses 2-3 times day and you can use some good antimicrobial mouthwash also. As your mouth opening is restricted, brushing becomes difficult. If this increases then you have to schedule an appointment with your dentist. Follow all the instructions given by your dentist and take all the meds prescribed. for more info on problems after tooth extraction you can check the following link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation