Hi, Ok, lets see if i can sum up this problem quickly...went to Dentist got a small hole fixed in a filling that is almost 1/4 size of tooth, ..(reason being tooth was playing up aching on its own and to hot stimulus), approximately 1 month later pain had not improved, so i went back and he redone the whole filling , took x-rays etc, that was last thursday out time, sooo 4 days later , i have a constant gnawing dull ache, which seems to be coming from the side of tooth by the gumline and deeper, its there all the time except when im asleep and i dont feel it, its not helping with painkillers, im going away holidays in 3 weeks i need to get this sorted !!!....i know its common for a tooth to be unsettled or sensitive for a short time after a large filling,...but to me for the ache to be Constant, seems wrong, any comments would be helpful Cheers Shane

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - September - 2012, at 02:29 AM

• Your teeth requires clinical evaluation. There are chances of interproximal caries and as a result of this the food might be getting entrapped into the area leading to constant pain. At present you should take proper care of your oral health. Do regular flossing especially between the tooth that is causing you trouble and doing mouthwash gargles. Also try following some home remedies like keeping garlic and salt paste on the region. This provides some relief from tooth related aches. And schedule a visit to dentist and describe the problem in detail to him. You will surely be relieved for the pain. For more info you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_types-of-tooth-pain-after-dental-filling-814.aspx

Free Dental Consultation