I have a crown that had a root canal with post years ago that is extremely loose but hasnt fallen off. It is on a tooth that is directly next to my front tooth and I have so much anxiety thinking it is going to fall out when sleeping etc. Because I don't want to lose it. Its gotten worse and I'm currently trying to purchace insurance but its time consuming & I'm not sure if I have that time before I do serious damage to the tooth under it. I hav not tried to remove myself due to the fear of breaking the crown or fracturing the underlying tooth. Any suggestions on what I can do to remove it safely so I may temporarily recement until I can get to see a dentist to fix it? It is so loose now it feels like it is just hanging there and I know its not good because it allows bacteria and food particles in at seams. Please any help would be a lifesaver.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - October - 2016, at 06:54 AM

• If the crown is loose and it is not coming out then the chances are either the post has become loose or the tooth has fractured. If it seems that it is just hanging then you cannot do any further damage . so just pull it or go to the dentist. If the underlying tooth is fractured then you cannot refix it. but if post has become loose and it is because of that the tooth is mobile then you can refix it yourself temporarily.  For more info on dental crowns you can visit the following link on our website.

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-reasons-for-dental-crown-to-fall-897.aspx

Free Dental Consultation