I had a root canal on my #31 tooth Monday morning and today is now Thursday. I am on a 10 day regimen of 1 Augmenten pill twice a day and have been prescribed a few Tylenol 3 (that I only take when the pain is unbearable). Since the procedure I have had mild day pain (only sometimes requiring medication) but moderate-pretty rough evening/night pain as well as increased swelling and tenderness at night. I also have a large bump on the outer portion of my jaw right below the treated tooth. Is this all of this normal and what can I do extra to help with the pain, tenderness, and/or swelling? Also, my practitioner had me take 2 Augmenten pills the to kick off the antibiotic regimen rather than just 1 so I will finish day 10 with just the morning pill. I am taking OTC pain killers when I treat the pain but am not taking a T3 pill.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - July - 2013, at 19:45 PM

• if the pain and swelling is increasing then you must consult your dentist. After root canal treatment mild pain or discomfort for a week is normal but if swelling and acute pain is there then may be the infection is there or the root canals are overfilled. Avoid eating from that side and maintain good oral hygeine. For more info on problems after root canal treatment you can visit the following link.....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-pain-after-root-canal--914.aspx

Free Dental Consultation