Well for about 10 months I've had food getting stuck in little pockets in my teeth.. Only on the far bottom left side & just recently the far bottom right side of my teeth.. Wisdoms coming in I think? Well I use toothpick to get food out after every single thing I eat.. I've had numerous occasions where a toothpick or piece of one will get stuck & I'll struggle to get it out, but most of the time I do.. I believe they came in sideways so it's impossible to use floss to work anything out.. I think months back I got either a toothpick or part of a dental floss pick lodged in there.. the other day I was able somehow to work it up & it was moving freely in the hole of my tooth.. But my dad used a tweezers & pulled a little piece of it up & it jammed the main piece of pick back in.. It's so frustrating & painful at time, annoying as heck. I don't have dental insurance & my job won't cover it.. I looked at getting a dental syringe but I guess that just flushes it.. I try breaking toothpicks to make them smaller & wedging it out.. no luck.. I can feel it in there & it has to be decaying my tooth or gum you think? I am so stressed, just calling for an s.o.s hoping to hear some good news of relief. Please email me or call if you can help or have anyyy ideas of what can help this problem. I'd go to the dentist but can't afford $450 a tooth.. Thanks Shawn Heffron

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - May - 2012, at 23:17 PM

• I suggest you to visit the dentist and atleast take his/her suggestion rather than poking the area yourself with different stuffs. This way you will hurt the tooth and the adjoining soft tissues. You are right, its very difficult to floss the wisdom tooth area so their you have to brush properly like fist inserting the tooth brush at the back, then closing the mouth and finally running the brush to and fro in that area. This way you will be able to get rid of any debris collected there.

Now coming to the cost, you can get the treatment done at the dental school by students. You don't need to freak out as the treatment will be done under the strict surpervision of expert...for more of the info you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_treatment-and-causes-of-gum-recession-887.aspx

Free Dental Consultation