I had a root canal yesterday on my lower left side very last tooth and during the procedure I felt a sudden pain that continued to get worse. The dentist started numbing me more and said that he hit an abscess. I went home and took a pain pill and one this morning. About lunch time my tooth starting hurting but I couldn't take a pain pill at the time. A little later the pain worsened with numbness in my left side of my lower lip and chin and the pain just seems to get worse even on pain meds! Not sure what is going on and what I need to do. I tried to call the dentist but they had closed for the day and they are closed on Fridays so I won't be able to reach until Monday. Please help

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - June - 2015, at 20:26 PM

• The pain and numbness is due to infection in the tooth. So you have to take antibiotics and pain killer tabs to control the pain and your dentist will remove the dressing and give you new dressing. It normally happens when the tooth is badly infected with abscess at the root end. So discuss with your dentist and he will prescribe you with meds for infection. for more info on root canal treatment, you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation