I Went to dentist to get a crown. My inside cheek and tongue got burned by something they used. I went back and the dental assistant said that my tongue was very hard to keep away from what the dentist was doing. My dentist has told me this before. Should there be a way they can prevent burns? Specially because they know that my tongue does this and I don't even realize I am doing this. What can I do to help speed up the healing?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - July - 2014, at 19:56 PM

• Somtimes while doing dental procedures, in some cases it is very difficult to control the tongue and in such cases you, yourself cannot do anything and only the dentist can take precautions by properly isolating the tongue and cheek. It is better you tell the dentist about this before start of treatment so that he can be prepared for that. Now when the injury has occured, to speed up the healing, just maintain good oral hygiene. You can put some local gel on the tongue. The tongue and cheek have very good healing potential and they heal very fast but just take care not to irritate that area. So avoid eating from that side and do warm saline rinses. For more info on dental crowns, you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-crowns-72.aspx

Free Dental Consultation