I had a temp. crown put on my back tooth 9 days ago. Since then I have had constant throbbing radiating pain in that area. I went back to my dentist 2 days ago and she "adjusted the bite" which did not help. She told me that the temp. crown isnt made for my tooth and when the perm. one is placed that it should help. That is suppose to be placed in a week and a half. Do I call the dentist and tell them Im still in a lot of pain or do I just wait until the perm. is placed?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - March - 2013, at 10:50 AM

• With temporary crown you may feel bit uncomfortable but there should not be any shooting pain in the tooth. If the concerned tooth is painful with radiating pain then you should be concerned as the tooth can be infected. You have not written whether you have got root canal treatment done or not. If the tooth is root canal treated then may be infection is still there in the tooth and if not rct then you may need one. You have to discuss this with your dentist. In my opinion the permanent crown should not be put if the tooth is tender. for more info crowns you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-temporary-dental-crown-899.aspx

Free Dental Consultation