Hi, I want to ask the problem about my jaw. My jaw is clicking/popping for almost 4 years. I don't feel any pain or cause me troubles but it just pops. It's kind of irritating as it is not normal like any other people I knew. I consulted several dentists for their opinion but they had different insights/procedure to treat it. Some say I need to wear splints or mouth guard then wear ortho.. some say I need my 3rd molars to be removed. As I am confused with the procedures and worried about the assurance of the treatments, I still need guidance. By the way, I only have 2 third molars located in the ends of my lower jaw. Most of the dentist also said that I have a bad bite. Sometimes I find myself in the morning with a different/abnormal bite but get backs to normal as minutes passes. Please advise me what to do/follow. I really appreciate it. thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - March - 2012, at 08:36 AM

• With out the detailed history and the clinical examination it is difficult to comment on this . You can go to the oral surgeon who will check your bite and the TeMJ . If you have deep bite then certainlly you have to get the bite treated first. and if you are night grinder then you have to wear the night guard. The TMJ problem can be eithr because of bad bite or the night grnding. The other cause can be the infection or the tauma in that region. For more info on TMJ disorders you can read the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tmj-disorders-51.aspx

Free Dental Consultation