I had a root canal done while in AZ approx. 3 years ago. Another dentist put a crown on the tooth last Spring. I have had no problem until recently when the area around the tooth began hurting. I went to the dentist in Minnesota 2 different times and she took Xrays both times and said the tooth looked fine. I has started hurting worse and it hurts in my neck near the tooth area and the back of my head. I am taking a lot of pain pills, but don't feel that is the answer. I am thinking that I should go to an Oral Surgeon and have the tooth pulled. I need advice.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - November - 2013, at 20:55 PM

• Sometimes when the crown is given after gap of root canal treatment then there is possibility of reinfection in the tooth. In such cases the pain starts after sometimes especially after getting the crowns. But if xray is not showing anything then the pain can be because of some gum problem along with infection in the tooth. Such cases initially does not show in xray. The treatment for this is to get the crown removed and go for re-root canal treatment or you have to get the tooth pulled out and go for implant. for more info on complications after root canal treatment you can read this article in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-pain-after-root-canal--914.aspx

Free Dental Consultation