For about 3-4 days now i have had a swollen area that is very tender. Located in the very back behind my last tooth on my left side. I thought it would have went away by now but hasn't went down any and has been making my ear and under jaw area on my left side hurt. Im 21 years old and haven't gotten my wisdom teeth in that i know of... Ive been wondering about them coming in before because if they haven't come in already there isn't really any room for them to come in that i can tell. I just figured that if the swolleness was nothing than it would have went away by now and it hasn't. And it can be pretty painful. Im worried it could be some kind of infection and i don't have dental insurance or any coverage at this time. Any advice you could give would be great.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2013, at 09:14 AM

• It looks like that swelling is due to wisdom tooth coming out. As you have written there is no room for eruption of wisdom tooth then may be the wisdom tooth is impacted and that is causing the problem. Now for this you have to go to dentist and get xrays done. If it is due to impacted tooth then you have to get it pulled out. Till then you can do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on wisdom teeth you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-impacted-wisdom-teeth-and-types-of-impactions-736.aspx

Free Dental Consultation