my 21 month old has cavities in extreme 2 incisors. How can the doctor fix the cavity without general anesthesia? What are other recommended sedation options? Unfortunately the toddler doesn't have a dental insurance as well.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 17 - March - 2013, at 08:24 AM

  • You have to get the cavities filled as the child is just 21 months old and incisors will be replaced with adult teeth at the age of 6-7 years. For this it is better you should go to a Pedodontist (Child dental specialist) who can fix it and can tell you the options. He may use laughing gas or iv sedation or general anesthesia after taking proper history of your child. If you donot have dental insurance then you can check with dental school where they have all kinds of specialities to deal with and the cost is also less as compared to private dental offices. The situation demands immediate action on your part. For more info on dental sedation options you can check this article......

Free Dental Consultation