In June 2012 had a crown put on dentist drilled filling out no root canal. First crown defective hole in it, so put a temp on until new one made. Now I have pain and he is saying sorry you need a root canal your tooth is dying, but he couldn't tell by looking at xrays he tapped it, he is going to charge me the same as the first procedure on the same tooth. I feel this was his error and he should have done root canal to begin with. I do not feel I should spend double on one tooth.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - November - 2012, at 03:40 AM

• If you have  pain and there is problem while putting pressure then there still can be infection. Sometimes when the infection is in initial stage, it is diffcult to make  out the exact diagnosis with xrays. Xrays along with clinical signs and symptoms helps in making diagnosis. In my opinion from your description, it looks like that your tooth needs root canal treatment as it is sensitive and there is pain . It can also be due to gum problem around the tooth. it is difficult to give exact diagnosis without clincal and radiographic examination. You can discuss with your dentist. Usually the crowns should be given after doing root canal treatment only.

For more info on sign and symptons on root canal treatment you can read this article...http://www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-root-canal-treatment-required-294.aspx

Free Dental Consultation