For the past 3-4 weeks I have developed a brownish hole in my gums. To be honest it looks like I had a tooth pulled but I have never had one pulled. It's not painless but it's not unbearable yet but it is getting worse and seems to be sinking in under that last tooth. If I touch my tongue to the hole it's has a nasty taste to it. And when I brush my teeth it bleeds and become a little sore. I have never had a tooth pulled or wisdom teeth removed. I have had some major sinus problems the past 2 years and I am smoker. I try to brush my teeth 2 times a day but sometimes it's just one. Also I had ovarian cancer as a child. So what could this hole be and what should I do about it?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - July - 2014, at 09:23 AM

• It looks like that either you have some infection in the gums or there is some broken piece of tooth which is causing this. It is very difficult to comment without clinical exam and history. So schedule an appointment with dentist and get xray done and only then proper diagnosis can be established. The treatment depends on diagnosis. Till then you can maintain good oral hygiene, avoid eating from that side and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times day. for more problems on gums you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-diseases-9.aspx

Free Dental Consultation