Hi, i am confused whether i should go for implant or bridge.. For implant ; cost is bit high and takes 6 months. For bridge : supporting tooth is being damage.. My broken teeth position upper 1) Missing tooth : Lateral incisor 2) broken tooth : Central incisor 3) broken tooth : Central incisor.. Plz advice me what will be good for me and also let me know what is appx price.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - November - 2012, at 22:37 PM

•  

Tooth implants and dental bridges are two popular methods to replace missing teeth. Both serve the same purpose, and both have a high success rate.Tooth implants will usually last for a lifetime. Most problems happen within the first six months after the implant procedure is completed. Once this period has passed,implants should remain in place without any major problems. They sometimes require a bite adjustment, but this is minor. On the other hand,bridges typically last eight to 10 years. However, some can last as long as 25 years or more but it requires proper care.Both tooth implants and bridges have some limitations.Dental implants have a lower success rate in smokers than in the general population. A person who has low bone density may need bone grafts before getting an implant. Bridges require at least one healthy tooth adjacent to the gap to be filled. Ideally, the bridge should be attached to two adjoining teeth.
    The price can vary widely for both tooth implants and dental bridges, depending on the type of work and the dentist who performs it.Implants typically start at $1,500 to $3,000 and can go as high as $15,000 to $30,000 if there are complications or special needs such as bone grafts.Dental bridges cost between $600 and $1,200, although they can be higher depending on the type of bridge and complexity of the overall procedure, including preparation of the surrounding teeth.
    For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_the-average-cost-of-dental-implants-426.aspx

Free Dental Consultation