Bit into a fruit pit. Sharp shooting pain after. Went to the endo two days later. Cold test was normal, tapping test was normal and x ray didn't show any cracks or damage. It's been throbbing for 5 days since the accident. It's fine when I'm sleeping and when I wake up it feels totally normal but then throbs throughout the day. I've been on ibuprofen for 5 days. It doesn't hurt when I bite down on it. Think this could turn into pulpitis? If not, what damage did I do? How long would it take to recover? Thanks!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - July - 2014, at 20:44 PM

• Sometimes when you bite on somthing hard, because of trauma, you have reversable pulpitis which heals itself and the symptoms subside. But if repeated irritation is there or trauma is there then it can change into irreversable pulpitis and in that case you have to go for root canal treatment. Symptoms take around 7-10 days to subside. Till then maintain good oral hygiene, try not to eat from that side and donot irritate that tooth. If it does not subside within 2 weeks then you can schedule an appointment with your endodontist and can discuss the further treatment plan. for more info on root canal treatment you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation