I had 3 cavities filled on February 22nd and have had increasing dental pain for the last 2 weeks. The pain ranges from a dull ache to throbbing pain. I don't have the pain every day, but most days. I have been taking tylenol or advil, which takes the pain away completely, but I can't continue to take it everyday. One of the cavities was very deep and the dentist told me I'd have sensitivity to cold and heat but it would eventually go away. I think I should have had a root canal. What could be causing this pain?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - March - 2012, at 08:27 AM

• If almost after a month you are having pain in the tooth which are filled then it can be the infection or the deep filling which is irritating the pulp. You have to go for the root canal treatment but before that you have to get it diagnosed that which tooth is causing the problem. So visit your dentist who will do the clinical examination and do the X-ray to find out the tooth which is causing problenm amd then get the root canal treatmet done. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-root-canal-treatment-is-done-298.aspx

Free Dental Consultation