I am a invisalign patient and while flossing about 3-4 days ago the floss string snapped and cut my gums. At first it was a little sore and i just thought it would go away. Today it has been about 4-5 days since the incident and my gums are swollen where the cut happened there is no visible cuts or bleeding but the gums are swollen and a different color pink than the rest. The swelled area seems to get worse when i remove my invisalign treys and the swelled area has covered half of one of my molars. My throat seems to b hurting as well today and it does hurt when i rub my tongue against it and my tooth is sore as well. Is this a serious problem? should i continue flossing? what can i do to make it better? because i cant seem to get in contact with my dentist

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - February - 2012, at 11:07 AM

• It looks like your gums got infected following the cut. You should go to the dentist who after doing the clinical examination will do the treatment. If needed he can prescribe you the antibiotics which will take cars of the infection.Till then try to maintain good oral hygeine and do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day. You can apply some OTC gum paint also. for more info on home remedies for gum diseases you can visit the following link......http://www.identalhub.com/dental-home-remedies-for-gingivitis-691.aspx

Free Dental Consultation