Hi. Last week I had a caivty (from quite some time ago) filled and it ended up being pretty deep. Well, the next day I had a cold and flu-like symptoms, mainly chills, body aches, and a fever. I still have the cold, and was told that it could be from the filling because it was so deep. My family is now debating this and saying I am crazy. Is it true that a person can get sick from a deep filling?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - December - 2012, at 04:07 AM

• This condition may be called hyperthermia in which body temperature rises as a result of adverse reaction to drugs. It is sort of allergic reaction in common language though it is very rare. Fever may remain until the effect of drug completely washed away from the body. Please ask your dentist to avoid using the anaesthetic or drugs used this time as a precaution. You should now remain in cool place, drink water more frequently and tepid sponging may help control fever. Monitor the fever and in case it do not get lower then call up emergency medical service to help you. Hope this helps.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-problems-with-dental-fillings-810.aspx

Free Dental Consultation