I have an abscess underneath my nose between gum and upper lip. Lip was swollen to the point that it almost covered bottom lip. I now have an abscess that not only is underneath the nose but also goes down to the one tooth that I needed a root canal in (tooth broke). I'm taking 300 mgs of clindamycin 4 times a day and 1000 mgs of acetaminophen). I'm doing salt water rinses, mouthwash, teabags, warm compresses and I have a horrible throbbing. When will they pop and what else can I do. I just want to be able to eat normally and get a good nights sleep. I don't have dental insurance to take care of the problem.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - July - 2015, at 09:37 AM

• It looks like that you have acute infection in the tooth. You have to get the root canal treatment done or you have to get it pulled out or you have to get the abscess drained out. Only antibiotics and pain killers are not going to help. So it is better you schdule an appointment with dentist or go to some dental school asap because sometimes this infection can be really bad. Till then keep taking meds and do warm saline rinses. for more info on abscess you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-abscessed-tooth-55.aspx

Free Dental Consultation