8 days ago, I had 5 teeth pulled. The pain is still severe. Yesterday I went to my dentist and he said it looked fine, and put medicine into the one spot that hurts the worst. That tooth had to be taken out in pieces. I guss I am wondering if it is normal to have such terrible pain after that or could something be wrong and he didn't see it?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - July - 2014, at 09:20 AM

• If it  is a normal extraction  and no bone cutting is done then it is not normal to pain after 8 days of extraction. Usually the pain subsides after 2-3 days. if looks like that either you have infection in the extraction socket or you have developed dry socket. Diagnosis can  only be made after clinical examination. Your dentist must have put dry socket paste in the infected socket. So just wait for couple of days and if your pain does not subside then discuss with your dentist. Till then do  warm saline rinses  2-3 days. for more info on tooth extraction, you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tooth-extraction-27.aspx

Free Dental Consultation