I had a filling put in almost two weeks ago but I am still unable to bite and chew. I let the pain go for a week before I called the dentist back. He then had me come in to adjust the bite and told me to wait a couple of days for the muscles to heal and I should be fine. It's been a couple of days and I am still unable to bite and I am still having speech problems. The pain is in the lower jaw and the speech problems really concern me. When he gave the shot to numb my gums it hurt more than I remember from previous procedures.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - January - 2014, at 19:46 PM

• It looks like that you had a deep cavity which was near to the pulp otherwise after filling, if pain or sensitivity is there, it should go within week or 10 days. Sometimes when the filling is high even then the pain is there but you have already got that adjusted. Speech problem is not normally due to dental pain. Schedule an appointment again with your dentist and discuss this. If pain does not go then you may have to go for root canal treatment and crown on top of it. for more info on why root canal treatment is needed you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation