When I was 17 I got all my wisdom teeth pulled thinking this would solve the problem but it did not. My mouth sticks out but my teeth are perfectly straight. Its hurts to open my mouth and when I do it clicks and see that the bottom part of my mouth is "sideways" then when I close my mouth is clicks again. Making it hard to chew or talk. Is this bimaxillary protrusion? Is this usually covered on dental insurance? How much is it to get this fixed?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - March - 2012, at 08:24 AM

• Your problem is not because of bimaxillary protusion but it looks like you have some TMJ problem .In case of TMJ problem there is difficulty in opening and closing the mouth and the mouth closes sideways. You should visit the dentist and find out the cause. If it is because of TMJproblem then visit an oral surgeon  but if it is because of protrusion only then may be the braces alone or the braces with orthognathic surgery will solve the problem. The cost of the treatment depends upon the treatment plan.For more info on TMJ disorders you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-the-signs-and-symptoms-of-tmj-disorder--193.aspx

Free Dental Consultation