2 weeks ago i had a root canal done. I had to go back today to have it finished. The dentist said he put a post in the tooth ad filled the tooth. He made no mention of covering the tooth with a temporary crown/cap. He said I would need to have a crown put on eventually. I can see the silver post in the middle of the filling. The numbness has been gone for a few hours. Im begining to feel pain in my jaw and behind my ear, and a little ways down my neck. Should I worry about this or let it go and see what happens?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - March - 2013, at 10:33 AM

• It is normal to have pain after root canal treatment and it can last for 2-3 days. so just wait as it is normal. If the pain does not go within a week of getting the root canal treatment done then you can consult your dentist. Till then take all the precautions. Donot bite from that side and maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on pain after root canal treatment you can read this article in our website..... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-pain-after-root-canal--914.aspx

Free Dental Consultation