I had a root canal done a couple of years ago and I never went back for the crown . Yesterday I woke up with an infection in my mouth . It was swollen around my neck on the same side as tooth and the gum area around tooth . It's the back tooth on the right side . I was told to go to ER by my dentist bc they could not see me in such short notice . I went to ER yesterday and started antibiotic I feel like swelling has gone down some . Today my whole root canal filling fell out it still has screw inside . The whole area is open now and tender . Some of my actual tooth is still the holding up the outer side of the gum the inside of the gum is limp . I can't see a dentist til Tuesday . Will I be okay until then ??? What do I need to do in the mean time ?? Please help me .

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - January - 2017, at 23:15 PM

• Till you see the dentist don't eat anything from that side and take liquid or semisolid diet. Don't eat anything hard or try to irritate that area. Do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day and maintain very good oral hygiene. Keep taking the antibiotics prescribed to you..For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our website.....

http://www.identalhub.com/article_complications-and-care-after-root-canal-therapy-106.aspx

Free Dental Consultation