Hello, several days ago my wife suffered a fall (face first) and had a concussion, bloody lip and some pain to her front teeth area that has since subsided. She went to a local dentist who took an X-ray that was normal. No nerve damage, no injury to the teeth. Despite this, the dentist told her that it was likely that she would lose these teeth, that in the coming months she would see discoloration and would then require a root canal. This seems unusual to me, given the lack of apparent damage. Can you tell me if this sounds right? Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - March - 2014, at 09:57 AM

• Yes it is right even if there is no apparent damage right now because of trauma lateron the teeth can become discolored and this is because of necoris of pulp which can be there due to trauma. However you need not worry now as sometimes the pulp recovers and in that case there is no need to go for root canal treatment. For more info on traumatic injuries you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/article_tooth-trauma-331.aspx

Free Dental Consultation