i had dental work done on my front teeth think i got crowns. One of the teeth i had to go back to be seen for maybe twice after the work was done due to my mouth still hurting. Now my nose fellt funny but I thought it would wear off its been over 2 years and my nose still has a weird sensation that i only got when this procedure was done. So recently i went back to the dentist and told the dentis about this weird sensation with my nose every since they worked on my teeth. She asked me to open my mouth and she said oh i see you have a small hole somewher in my mouth in the area they did and its probably air seeping in causing the weird sensation. have you ever heard of this?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - August - 2012, at 01:07 AM

• The whole in your mouth might be sinus opening and the heavyness that you are feeling is the air and other particles getting into the sinus through opening. You need to get an Xray done to see the right cause.

Consult an ENT surgeon and take the prescribed anti-histamine or decongestants. Avoid using Over the counter nasal sprays for more then 3 days as it can lead to addiction. 

Apply warm moist heat/ or warm face packs over the area. It will take away the feeling of heavyness.

As said, "The secret to pollution is dilution", so drink plenty of fluids.

For more info you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-relationship-of-sinus-problems-and-bad-breath-635.aspx

Free Dental Consultation