I went in for a routine dental cleaning yesterday. I mentioned that one of my front teeth felt achy. It had been 2 years since my last xrays therefore, the dentist ordered xrays. There appears to be what he called a tumor above that tooth in the soft tissue. It is NOT DARK, he mentioned that if it were dark that he would send me elsewhere immediately. However he did suggest that I continue to be aware of how the tooth is feeling and that we would xray it again at my next visit in August 2013. Should I pursue this issue with a medical DR?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - February - 2013, at 10:14 AM

• It mut be some cyst or rediolucency . if the tooth has pain then you should not avoid this and take the treatment. First you have to find out about the cause, if the dentist is not sure about that then you can take second opinion. It is difficult for us to give the advise without clinical examination or with out seeing the X-ray. it is better you schedule an appointment and get the proper diagnosis made. For more info on oral lesions you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-oral-lesions-65.aspx

Free Dental Consultation