I had fillings placed in a few years ago. My top back tooth (second tooth in the back) filling came out and months later one side of the tooth came out leaving a little corner of a broken down tooth still intact. The other side of the tooth is still in tack but I can tell its a little shaky. Since then it feels as if a part of my gum has a bubble on it and it feels as if its pushing through the open, broken tooth. I have been to the er for pain and they prescribed me Penicillin vk about three weeks ago. I am not in as much pain but Im starting to smell a funny smell from that side of my mouth.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - June - 2014, at 19:37 PM

• From your symptoms it looks like that your tooth is infected with puss. So schudule an appointment with your dentist who will do clinical exam and xrays to see the condition of tooth. if it can be saved and enough tooth structure is left then he will do root canal treatment followed by may be post and core and crown. But if the tooth cannot be saved then you have to get it pulled out and go for dental implant. Donot take this lightlyt as this can be really bad. for more info on tooth abscess you can check this link in our website ... http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation