I have a broken tooth in my last molar and for almost two weeks there have been popping in the tooth and I've had swelling and severe pain and I've been told its an abscess but there isn't any drainage and no dentist will see me without upfront money which I don't have any money and don't know what to do but don't want to waist an er visit for nothing.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - May - 2012, at 21:27 PM

• Take 400mg ibuprofen thrice daily along with paracetamol or co-codamol. You can take ibuprofen and paracetamol daily but never take paracetamol or co-codamol simultaneosly. Take care that when you are taking such medications don't take any other paracetamol, codeine or ibuprofen containing medicines.

Ibuprofen being an anti-inflammatory will help in reduction of swelling while paracetamol will get you rid of pain.

But before taking these medications i would suggest you to visit a dentist and at least get his/her opinion....For more info you can visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation