I am missing both of my lateral incisors so when i was 15 my dentist suggested a bridge. They shaved the backs of my teeth and attached the two bridges to that instead of shaving my whole tooth down for a crown. The bridge however nice it looked would fall out once a month and i would have to get it re cemented. I decided to get a dental implant when I was 18 because I could not take going to get it fixed anymore. I am now 20 and the implants have never given me an issue but i was wondering, did the bridge damage my other teeth? They are all shaved down in that back now should i just leave them alone? Is it safe to do so?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - April - 2012, at 02:33 AM

• Definitely the adjacent teeth have to be sacrifised to give a bridge. Now since your bridge is removed you need to take special care of adjacent teeth like brushing daily twice  a day, flossing at least before going to bed. Getting dental check up every 6 months. Cutting down on sugary produccts and snacks...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-crowns-bridges-22.aspx

Free Dental Consultation