When I was 10 years old I had a root canal done. I am 21 years old now, and after recently joining the army, I was required to go to the dentist. At the dentist, he was concerned my crown wasn't placed correctly so he decided to take it off and replace the crown. Before this, I NEVER had any pain in this tooth, but after the crown was replaced I get a tooth ache at least twice a day and the tooth seems to be very sensitive with hot and cold temperatures. I'm just very confused because I know the tooth is considered a "dead" tooth so why am I experiencing pain?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - March - 2014, at 20:10 PM

• If the tooth is already root canal treated then you cannot feel hot n cold sensation in that tooth as it is considered to be non vital tooth, but you can have pain and that may be due to some infection or may be because of trauma. So consult your dentist and if you are feeling hot n cold sensation, there can be some adajcent tooth which is damaged. for more info on root canal treatment you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation