A sore showed up on my g. Two days later my dentist did an X-ray and said I had an abscess with severe bone loss. He referred me to an endontist who said maybe root canal and maybe looss of tooth or teeth and possibly even a bone graft I had my teeth cleaned two months ago and have been in dentist office twice since then for minor filling repairs. Why was this no caught until so much damage occurred? I'm facing huge expenses and discomfort?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - April - 2015, at 19:32 PM

• Normally the tooth with bone loss is difficult to diagnose just by clincal examination untill you have signs and symptoms like pain or abscess or some decay and that is possible only if diagnostic xrays are taken. So if during the visits to your dentist, xrays are not done then this condition can go undiagnosed. Now the success of root canal depends on the amount of bone loss and the infection. So if it can be saved with root canal treatment then go for it otherwise you have to get the tooth pulled. for more info on abscessed tooth you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-abscessed-tooth-55.aspx

Free Dental Consultation