side of a molar tooth on the top right jaw has a cavity and it is bothering(pain) me when the food get stuck in that cavity. so I cannot eat on that side other than that I don't have problem drinking cold,hot or biting without food. Do you think I need root canal for that tooth.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 13 - September - 2012, at 02:24 AM

  • Your problem of pain and food lodgement in the upper molar can be solved by a dental filling.Your dentist will remove the decayed portion of the tooth using various hand instruments and electric drill and pack this cavity with a dental filling material.The dental filling material will help to maintain the morphology and function of the decayed tooth structure.If your tooth is not restored well in time, the bacterial invasion might reach the pulp causing lots of pain. in such a case you will have to go in for a more discomforting treatment like root canl treatment(RCT) or in extreme cases extraction or removal of the tooth from its socket.You should visit your dentist as soon as possible to know whether the decay has reached the pulp or not.

Free Dental Consultation