I have an abcess tooth and four days ago it hurt badly but now it not hurting but the last few days have swollen up on lower jaw, the dentist out of town but calling me in some antibiotics tomorrow, but I hear this is serious should I go to the er?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - December - 2012, at 02:43 AM

• The accumulation of pus in or around the root of a tooth is known as tooth abscess. An abscessed  tooth can be agonizingly painful and may cause the affected tooth to loosen. Dulling the pain and trying to drain the abscess with the help of home remedies - is only a first aid of course.Place a dry black tea bag inside of your cheek against the sore tooth and keep it in for a couple of hours or overnight. It can draw out the infection and drain the pus. The result is diminished pain and swelling.In between swish around your mouth with hydrogen peroxide solution as a mouthwash in order to disinfect the inflamed area of the gum boil.You must visit a dentist as soon as possible.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation