Hi, A week back I had fever and throat infection.. I cud feel lump in the place where my hard and soft palate meet with my tongue and had difficulty swallowing.. Now I am fine.. Throat is fine.. but I still feel a hard painless bony and small swelling on the left side of the place where my hard and soft palate meet close to wisdom tooth.. its painless and invisible to eyes can only feel thru tongue.. also when i open my jaw completely there is this clicking sound when i close my jaw at the joint(TMJ I guess) of lower jaw below ear.. when I google these some scary results come which freak me out .. I am a non smoker and non drinker 27 yr old guy..I used to eat betal nut a lot as a kid( 10-15 yr old) .. neways I guess this is nothing to worry about

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - March - 2012, at 08:20 AM

• In fever some time you have some gum nfection as the resistence is lowered. The junction of hard palate and the soft palate has rugae which some times become swollen. YOu can do warm saline rinses and maintain good oral hygeine. It will go. If it does not go with in a day or two then you can visit your dentist. May be you have infection in that area . For clickng joint it looks like you have some TMJ problem which can be because of bruxism that is the habit of grinding the teeth at night or due to some infection or trauma. It is difficult to comment on this without doing the clinical examinatiion . So shedule an appointment with your dentist. For more info on TMJ you can visitr the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_causes-of-tmj-disorder-195.aspx

Free Dental Consultation