had my first root canal 3 days ago on bottom left tooth #33. I got shot 3 different times with novacaine. One particular time, I felt a sharp sensation in my tongue. I felt no pain after the procedure but after awhile one side of my tongue and the inside of my gums closer to the root canal is STILL numb. On my tongue however, I feel this constant tingle and its irritating the Bo Jangles outta me. Under my tongue, I feel numb as well! On the second day I started to feel a dull pain at the root canal site which is strange because the gums surrounding it is numb! I called the endodontist (the 2nd day) and he said that it was normal and that the tingling was a good sign. Now ,I'm beginging to wonder. I now speak with a lisp and I have to eat on one side. My tongue doesnt feel quite as heavy and I can taste things a little better now, it seems. I am supposed to see my dentist to place a crown on it but how can I get any other work done if I am still numb from the root canal?! Any feed back would be greatlt appreciated! Would be nice to eat my matzah and horse radish and actually TASTE it :-) 4 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - March - 2013, at 21:08 PM

• Yes it is normal to have a dull pain sensation after 2-3 days after root canal treatment done. It will go within a week. The numbness will also subside by that time. You can go ahead with the crown treatment or if you want to delay then you can delay by 3-4 days till you feel normal. There is nothing to worry. You can discuss with your dentist regarding your crown placement part. You will be able to taste the food and relish it within 3-4 days more. There is nothing to worry as these are normal side affects which are there after getting single sitting root canal treatment. For more info on complications after root canal treatment you can read this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_complications-and-care-after-root-canal-therapy-106.aspx

Free Dental Consultation