Respected Sir, I have a query related to molar extraction. I extracted my upper second molar few months ago, instead of going for root canal treatment. The third (last) molar is standing alone, and it is quite big in size. Now I have a huge gap in my upper jaw. Should I go for a denture, bridge or implant, or just leave it as it is? Will it affect the stability of my first and third molar in future? Will I gradually lose the adjacent molars in coming years? Please advise me. I am in utter distress after reading horrifying facts on the internet. I shall remain highly obliged for your kind advice. Regards. Viraj Shukla (India)

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - July - 2014, at 09:27 AM

• Definately you have to get the gap filled. Implant is the best option but you have to consult the dentist to find  out whether you are a good candidate for implant or not because for implant case selection is very important. The other option is to go for fixed partial denture, in which support is taken from adjacent teeth. if you donot get the tooth replaced then it is going to affect the stability of your teeth. for more info on dental implants you can check this link in our website...... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-implants-25.aspx

Free Dental Consultation