Three questions: 1. I lost four teeth between last June and this October. Now I have no side teeth on the bottom left. I have my front bottom but only two on the bottom right. Because of this I have to chew by bringing my mouth forward and chewing takes forever. I am a 49 year old female and didn't have any wrinkles or folds around my mouth before the teeth were pulled. Now since November at a very increased rate I have wrinkles and folds all around my mouth. Could the missing teeth be the problem? Which leads to the next questions. 2. It takes 3 months to get two implants and then my partial done in that order so that the partial will fit better but I want to get the partial first if that prevents further wrinkling. 3. I also lost a severe amount of weight. Could that be the problem?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - May - 2013, at 19:47 PM

• Firstly, yes the wrinkles on the face can be there because of missing teeth as the teeth maintain the vertical and muscles of the face stretched. 

Secondly whether you can get partials before implants, has to be decided by dentist and you can discuss this with your dentist as it is difficult for me to comment without clinical examination and case history though it is possible but varies from case to case.

Thirdly, because of missing teeth, eating and proper chewing is a problem, so you must have lost the weight due to this and this acute loss of weight can further aggrevate the problem of wrinkes.

for more info on dental  implants you can check this article... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-implants-25.aspx

Free Dental Consultation