About 3 weeks ago, I had a crown put on my tooth,(bottom right, second to the last tooth). About 3 days later, the right side of my jaw began to get stiff. Opening my mouth more than an inch, even yawning, is extremely painful! I called my dentist, she said to apply heat and take Advil...I have been doing this but there is no improvement at all. Sometimes I think it may even be getting worse. What do you suggest?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - March - 2014, at 20:20 PM

• It looks like as if your tooth is infected and due to that you have pain. Sometimes after getting the dental work done, the pain is there at the site of injection and in that case there is difficulty in opening the mouth but that pain goes within a week. If now you have pain after even 3 weeks and it is not going and getting worse then schedule an appointment with your dentist and get the teeth checked. Till then keep doing warm saline rinses and maintain good oral hygiene. Avoid eating from that side. for more info on dental pain you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-pain-42.aspx

Free Dental Consultation