I got my braces off about 3 years ago, and i never wore my retainers because i was careless. I am 17 now and i was wondering if my old retainers will move back my teeth. I have a lot of anxiety about it now so i was wondering if the retainers will straighten my teeth even if it fits half way. it hurts a lot but im willing to take the pain since i cant afford braces again financially. All i want to know is will it straighten my teeth.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - August - 2012, at 10:18 AM

• If you had not worn the retainer after getting the braces removed then you now the teeth must have relapsed. In that case it is not recommended to wear old retainers as the old retainer will not fit and the ill fitting retainer can cause more harm than good. So it is advisable to go to your orthodontist and if he thinks that retainer can staighten the teeth then he will give you new retainers otherwise you will have to undergo the braces treatment again for straightening the teeth. For more info on retaines after braces you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-retainers-after-braces-202.aspx

Free Dental Consultation