I had a broad face,but had a good looking smile which was liked by all.But a front tooth in upper jaw was "very lightly" twisted that made my smile a little worsen and was coming front day by day.I had a crowded teeth,so dentists advised me not to use temporary braces as it wont fix that tooth,so i accepted to remove four teeth and to put permanent braces.Within one year my face become beautiful with good profile,but there was gap still,this january 2012 my photos were too good.but these last 2 to 3 months my teeth have joined without gaps and treatment is going to be over.BUT WITHIN LAST 3 MONTHS MY CHEEK BONES AND LOWER JAW LINES HAVE BECOME BROAD AND WORSE.I HATE TO SEE MY FACE.I HAVE LOST CONFIDENCE AND SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION.I cry daily for the mistake of wearing braces,my old face was charming.WILL WEARING BRACES BROADEN LOWER JAW LINE AND CHEEK BONES?MY DENTIST SAYS HE CAN ONLY COMPLETELY REVERSE TREATMENT AND LEAVE MY TEETH WITH FOUR BIG GAPS.CAN IT BE REVERSED 6 MONTHS BACK AND CAN THE SMALL 3 INCH GAPS THAT WILL COME, BE FILLED WITH SOME SUBSTANCE?PLEASE GIVE ME AN ADVICE DOCTOR PLEASE

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - June - 2012, at 21:59 PM

• Yes you can reverse the treatment by not wearing retainers after braces. But i would recommend you to take the consultation from the dentist who did the treatment. Retainers are usually put in to retain the movement of teeth and if you don't wear then the tooth are bound to move to their original place. Regarding the big four gaps due to extraction, you can go to a prosthodontist and get the bridge or implant placed to close that. For detailed info visit the link.....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-crowns-72.aspx

Free Dental Consultation