Hi, I am 21 years of age, male, i had 4 teeth-extraction for braces at age 19. My braces are off now and i feel something is not right about my face aesthetically! i heard about functional orthodontist and that they practise widening of jaw for treating crooked or overcrowded teeth for facial harmony as opposed to removal of teeth! I require urgent help here because i have my modelling career at stake! So my question is that am i just stressing about it or do i need to have reverse treatment i.e; undo the treatment? My main concern is my jaw shape and will such procedures reqiure me to undergo surgery? I had only misaligned and overcrowded teeth for which my teeth were taken out. I donot have any other issues like overbite etc. Will the procedure reqiure any serous implants or surgery? I would like to get an appointment as well but i live in Delhi. Is is possible to have treatment done? Please reply soon and guide me with right advice!I will inform my parents about this topic! any suggestion would mean a lot to me! Thankyou very much!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - April - 2012, at 06:14 AM

• Before getting the treatment done and  going for extraction the orthodontist take series of X-rays and make the moulds. They do the analysis and only then do the treatment which is best for the patient keeping in mind the facial profile ,shape and other things. With out seeing the case clinically it is difficult to comment whether in your case the treatment was right or wrong. But now the extractions are already doen and the space is filled with the teeth after they were aligned. You can discuss the issue with your dentist.

Free Dental Consultation