I’m a 50 yr old with an overbite and a slight space between my front teeth. Are braces the right choice for me or what would be the most common treatment. I want to avoid surgery if at all possible.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 14 - November - 2017, at 01:13 AM

  • These days adult orthodontics is very commonly done treatment. It is quiet successful and prognosis is good. For over bite the braces (orthodontics) treatment is the best and permanent. In over bite cases the dentist has to reduce the bite and that is possible with braces treatment. Though the slight spaces that you have mention can be filled with tooth colored restorative material. Without clinical examination and history it is difficult to give you advice. The success of braces treatment at the age of fifty years depends upon the condition of the teeth and the supporting structure. If the supporting structure like gums and bone are in good health and you don’t have history of any systematic disease like diabetes, then the braces treatment can be successful. In my advice visit an orthodontist (dentist who specializes in braces).Orthodontist will do the clinical examination, take x-rays ,make moulds and then will decide the treatment plan. For more information on adult orthodontics you can visit the following link on our website.http://www.identalhub.com/blog/831/braces-for-adults-over-50-years-no-longer-a-myth 

Free Dental Consultation