Hey. I'm having problem chewing food on my right side. Feeling lil bit sensitivity on that side too. Couldyou guys tell me what should I do? and is it ok to do cleaning of my teeth from time to time, some of my friends told me that it builds space between teeth.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - January - 2018, at 01:09 AM

• If you have problem in chewing food form the right side then it can be either because of decay in tooth or it can be because of some gum problem. First of all you have to get the problem diagnosed. It can be done by clinical examination, history and the x-ray. For this you have to visit your dentist who will do the clinical examination and take the X-ray to diagnose the cause of your problem. The treatment depends upon the cause of the problem. If the tooth decay is there then you have to get the restoration done. If the decay is deep then maybe you have to go for the root canal treatment. But if it is because of some gum problem, then the gum treatment has to be done.

Yes, it is recommended to get the teeth cleaning done after every 6 months. This makes the gums healthy. Most of the gum problems are because of the deposits known as plaque. If the plaque is left too long it cause the gum infection and resorption of the bone. The teeth become loose eventually. The cleaning does not create space. When the deposit (plaque) is removed, the tongue feels as if the space is there. For more information of dental pain you can visit the following link on our website.

Free Dental Consultation