I am a patient of Greenburgs Dentist in Daytona Beach Florida. I received a consultation for five tooth extractions and partials. Which was over five thousand dollars worth of dental work. I would like a second opinion from another dentist so I can know if this is the right way to go . I do not want to spend money on upper and lower partials if my existing teeth weaken and no longer hold partials at all.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - January - 2018, at 05:09 AM

• In your case it is difficult for us to give you the advice as we will need detailed history .Along with the history ,clinical examination and x-ray’s has to be seen to reach to any conclusion. If the teeth that have to be extracted are mobile then there are chances that adjacent teeth holding the partials can also be weak, but some time the front teeth become mobile but the posterior teeth are strong enough to give the support. You have not mentioned whether you are going for removable partials or fixed partials. If you have doubt about the health of the adjacent teeth which will hold the partials then you can think of going for implants. Implants are not dependent upon the health of the adjacent teeth. If you have good bone structures with no medical history then the implants are the best. You can discuss your doubts with your dentist. You can take second opinion if you feel form some other dentist as without clinical examination & x-ray’s it is difficult for us to give you the definite treatment plan. For more information on dental implants you can visit the following link on our website.   

http://www.identalhub.com/blog/173/what-are-dental-implants              

Free Dental Consultation