I have good teeth and I keep good oral hygiene. My upper teeth are perfect and are well aligned but my lower teeth are not well aligned. I want to ask you that Is it possible for me have braces only on lower jaw. Plz advise?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - July - 2010, at 18:20 PM

• If you are one of those many people who have crooked teeth only on the lower jaw then you might need braces only for the lower one. However, most orthodontists will advise you to go ahead with the complete treatment which includes the lower and the upper jaw. This will ensure that all the teeth are brought into alignment and there are no gaps left in between. Also, this will correct the concern of over bite or under bite completely once and for all. The good news is that if your upper jaw teeth are all in a row then it won’t take you a really long time to complete the treatment. But, it is certainly a good thing to have the braces placed on both the upper as well as the lower jaw.

You could use different kinds of braces though on both the jaws. Go ahead and use metallic braces on the lower jaw as this will help them to straighten out faster and invisible invisalign or ceramic braces.

The best thing to do is to consult an orthodontist. You might want to go to another orthodontist for a second opinion. They are the ones with the specialized knowledge and expertise in the domain of teeth straightening. This will ensure that you are certain that you will be able to get the best possible treatment for your teeth. There are several times that a gap in the lower front teeth might warrant braces. This can be set right within no time with the use of the right braces. A lot of people don’t have perfect teeth and using braces is one of the best of ways to set it right. You will love the way your lower and upper jaw teeth will look after the treatment.

There are several different braces that you could opt for. These braces and the right kind will be recommended by your dentist based on the condition of your teeth and what kind of treatment they warrant.

Most people prefer to use lingual braces on the lower jaw and the upper jaw. This is because they are at the back of the teeth and hardly noticeable. These are the perfect kind for adult patients.

The right kind of lower jaw braces will allow you to be able to go ahead and correct your overbite or under bite. You will find that your lower jaw teeth are no longer crooked and have fallen into a straight line. This will go on to make a whole lot of difference to your facial features as well as the way you bite and chew your food. Lower jaw crooked teeth can also affect the way you speak. All of this will be a thing of the past and you will be able to bare your teeth and smile all that you want.

So, do not hesitate to go on and get braces for your lower jaw.

Free Dental Consultation