I have protruded upper front teeth present. Last Thursday I visited my dentist. He told me that I require braces to get it corrected and the whole thing will take around 1-2 yrs. I just wanted to know that do I need to take extra care of my teeth after getting braces?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - August - 2011, at 03:10 AM

• When you have braces on your teeth you will have to make sure of one thing and that is Teeth care after Braces is important. Caring for Teeth with Braces and Retainers is important if you want to continue to have the most fabulous smile possible on yourself. The best way to ensure that you do follow Teeth care after Braces is to brush and floss stringently. Ask your dentist about what you need to do for Teeth care after Braces and they will let you know in depth. This will make sure that you are able to get the food particles and bacteria off your teeth. When you do this you will not have to worry about the buildup of plaque and calculus. If you do this then you will be assured of not having spots or stains on your teeth. The use of braces on your teeth what with the wires, springs and rubber bands can go on to leave the most horrifying stains on it.

Teeth care after Braces requires you to brush your teeth the right way so that you are left with the most dazzling sparkling white teeth. You can use fluoride toothpaste which most dentists recommend. The other thing to remember for Teeth care after Braces is to remember to brush and floss your teeth after every meal. This will ensure that you remove the meal remains from your teeth and don’t allow the onslaught of bacteria on it. This will also go on to remove any food particles that might be stuck on your teeth. Fluoride mouthwash can also be used. It will be able to reach into the nooks and crevices that a normal toothbrush cannot.
    Teeth care after Braces will also include that you be careful of the kind of food that you eat. You should avoid eating too many sugary things and frizzy drinks as this will stick to your teeth and harm the enamel making them more susceptible to decay and cavities.

Teeth care after Braces is all the more important as there is no sense of having a straight line of teeth but ones with stains, spots and cavities on them. It is such a great thing to have your braces off finally but what you need to do now is to ensure that your teeth remain pearly white and continue to look fantastic.

You might also want to consider having your teeth whitened at your dentist professionally. They will remove all the accumulated tartar and plaque from your teeth and leave them looking absolutely white. There are several different teeth whitening methods to be used and once you have used them the next step is to adopt good oral hygiene methods and brushing your teeth really well.

All of this will ensure that you are proud of your teeth and love the way they look.

Free Dental Consultation