I got braces on my teeth few days back. The food particles get entrapped between the braces. How do I keep my braces clean? Apart from brushing what can be done to keep them clean? What can I do to avoid stains on the braces?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - August - 2011, at 05:23 AM

• When your braces come off you find that you look forward to having your teeth in one straight row. But, what you might not have expected are the stains that you see around the place where the braces were there. These stains on the enamel of your teeth can look extremely ugly and unbecoming. You might wonder, the sense behind having straight teeth not white enough, and have stains on them.

How to Prevent Braces Stains is an easy way provided you follow stringently the best of oral hygiene. When you have braces on your teeth you really need to make certain that you take extra care of them so as to make sure that you are not left with stains on your teeth when they are taken off.

Brush your teeth as many times as possible and you certainly can’t go wrong with that. Brushing and flossing should be done in the right way and with the right products in order to make certain that you are doing all to make sure that your teeth are able to maintain their natural white color. It is quite easy for teeth to get stained when one doesn’t follow oral hygiene measures. Always brush and floss once you eat anything. If you can’t do that then what you must ensure is that at least you rinse your mouth effectively.

Be careful of the food that you eat when you have braces on. All dentists will recommend that you eat food that is not sugary, hard and chewy as this will remain around the braces and fix into the nooks and crevices and be difficult to remove. This is the reason that you require your teeth to be squeaky clean at all times. Also, this will not only keep the bacteria and plaque and tartar away from your teeth but will also ensure that you don’t have any cavities and tartars build up. The whole idea is to prevent food from getting stuck and causing cavities on your teeth.

Now, after all that you have done about how to Prevent Braces Stains but you still end up having them then all that you do need to do is to just make an appointment at the regular orthodontist and they will be able to get your teeth cleaned with flouride and the best of teeth whiteners that are available.

It can certainly be quite worrisome to have the most fabulously aligned teeth but with stains on them. This will make you feel as though the treatment for the braces was not worthwhile for you.

Before you go oh my god! Just thinking about the stains on your braces you can go on and ask your dentists for special products to remove the stain and keep your teeth at their sparkling dazzling whitest best. Your dentist will be your best bet in this regard and will help you out regarding that.

Free Dental Consultation